CEO and FounderAbacus Insights

Jersey City NJ Area

Member Since December 2020

Skills

Business Process Improvement
Business Strategy
Clinical Trials

About

Minal is a serial physician entrepreneur who founded Abacus Insights to serve payer needs around data integration and insight generation. Prior to this he has held senior roles at payer organizations most recently serving as SVP and Chief Strategy Officer of Horizon BCBSNJ. His entrepreneurial experience includes founding Care Management International, a pioneer in leveraging offshore clinical talent to support payer clinical functions, which was successfully sold to iHealth Technologies – now Cotiviti (COTV) – and Vayu Technologies, a telecommunications platform developed by Bell Labs and spun out and sold to SeniorLink. He holds a BA and an MD from Boston University and an MPH from Harvard School of Public Health and completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital where he served as a staff physician and faculty at Harvard Medical School for nearly a decade. He has also served as an associate with McKinsey and Company. Outside of the office, Minal spends time with his wife and two sons, skiing in the winter and trying to play golf in the summer.

Company details

Abacus Insights

Company bio

Every time a person visits a doctor or hospital, a surge of data is created. That data is the lifeblood that has the power to deliver insights and the promise to transform our healthcare experience. But today, these data are stuck in old systems and are hard to share, making it difficult to give patients the best possible care and experience they deserve. This creates a frustrating reality for patients who are looking for answers to basic questions: Do I need to see a doctor? If so, which doctor should I see? How much will this cost me? Abacus’ mission is to improve people’s lives by breaking down these silos and liberating healthcare data to make real impact. Abacus believes this is achievable today because of two recent fundamental and unprecedented shifts: the digitization of healthcare data and the advent of cloud computing have given us the ability to securely bring vast amounts of data together to produce powerful insights.

Industry

Health

Area of focus

Healthcare
Data Management
Analytics

Company size

51 - 200