Do I Qualify?
Chris Roebuck's avatarPerson

Chris Roebuck

Speaker, Thinker, Writer, Influencer, Leader in military, business & government. Learn more...Simply Success

United Kingdom

Member Since July 2021

Skills

Speaker - keynotes and masterclasses
Entrepreneurial Leadership
Employee engagement

About

With insights from 30 years unique experience as a leader in military, business and government I've created a 3 step system to help leaders and organisations beat their challenges, unleash their full potential & deliver success to achieve their vision. It helps everyone create a personal & immediate 3 step action plan. Its simply about getting done what needs to be done. I also use insights from my www.perpectivesfromthetop.com podcasts. In addition my insights as one of HRs Most Influential Thinkers 10 times in annual awards over past 11 years, Hon Visiting Professor of Transformational Leadership at City Business School, London, and neuroscience accredited executive coach allow me to give leaders effective tools for action and success. Based on my experience I've developed a simple step by step system which achieves just that by everyone creating their own inspiring 3 step personal action plan to implement immediately to do what the organziation needs to be done. I've inspired 21,000+ leaders in 186 organizations in 28 countries, at corporate events and industry conferences, by revealing the power of their own experiences, then adding my insights, hard data, success stories and neuroscience, so everyone has the insights and tools to create their personal 3 step action plan for success. As a business and leadership expert I've been interviewed on TV 350 + times, including CNN, CNBC, BBC, quoted in Wall Street Journal, FT, Forbes, Business Week and others, written 5 books on leadership, one the 1st on strategic leaders development, and written articles for professional publications from CEO and CFO magazine to HR magazine, Healthcare and Retail. That's great but above all I'm inspired by helping others to inspire themselves to become their best selves and make their organisations successful inspiring great places to work. Its feedback like this that truly inspires me : “This was an absolutely amazing keynote that totally aligned with what I want the leadership team to do. Your message was so clear, so easy to understand. Its a true enabler to help us create value for the business going forward. It was fantastic.” - Peter Nolan, CEO BD Global Pharma.

Published content

14 Essential Qualities of a Great Leader

expert panel

An exceptional leader is defined both by the accomplishments of their organization and their personal characteristics that contribute directly to that success. A business leader may be defined by the work their company does or the goals it accomplishes, but their individual status as a great leader comes down to the characteristics they possess that set them apart from others.  Leading a successful organization requires that leaders are able to effectively handle any circumstances the business may encounter, but this isn’t the only quality that matters. Below, 14 members of Newsweek Expert Forum each share one characteristic that is critical in a great leader and how that trait influences their ability to effectively lead.

15 Ways to Make Your Organization More Consumer-Centric

expert panel

If you want a loyal customer base that keeps coming back, you need to put consumers at the center of everything you do. Many companies claim that their customers are their highest priority. While this is a nice thing to say, there's a difference between simply delivering what a customer asks for and truly being a consumer-centric organization.  Today's consumers expect that the businesses they buy from will go the extra mile to ensure an experience that exceeds their expectations. To help your company become more consumer-centric, 15 members of Newsweek Expert Forum members offered their best tips below.

How Managers Can Bring Out the Best In Their Employees

expert panel

Focusing on developing the skills of employees can also benefit employers. Organizational leaders have the unique position of driving business goals, but employees are the true lifeblood of an organization. A successful business meets those business goals by providing needed products and services to customers, but if employees aren’t motivated to do their best, the chances of true success are slim to none. Managers that place an emphasis on catering to their employees’ needs and developing the skills of their workforce are more than likely to create an environment that produces and retains top-notch employees. To help leaders bring out the best from the employees working with and below them, a panel of Newsweek Expert Forum each share tips on how to build a supportive work environment.

11 Tips for Leaders Who Want to Encourage Positive Workplace Relationships

expert panel

Positive, collaborative relationships between colleagues can greatly enhance your company culture. Here's how to encourage this type of dynamic. For most people, work takes up the majority of their waking hours. Whether you're working a 9-to-5 or running your own business, your professional life can sometimes blend in with your personal one, especially when it comes to friendships in the workplace. While it's normal and natural for colleagues to form strong bonds, it's important for leaders to encourage their staff members to forge appropriate and productive connections. Otherwise, they may let close personal relationships with their coworkers cloud their judgment or cause them to play favorites when it comes to working with the rest of the team. Below, 11 members of Newsweek Expert Forum offered their best tips for leaders who want to encourage meaningful but appropriate relationships among their employees.

How to Beat the Great Resignation and Secure Your Future

article

Until organizations recognize how critical good leadership is to retaining people in the post-COVID world, the great resignation will continue.

15 Transitional Strategies to Use When a Key Leader Leaves

expert panel

Management transitions can be tricky, so it's important to have a plan in place when a senior staff member makes their exit. There comes a time in every company when a leader is ready to move on. This company loss can be bittersweet and even provoke anxiety and feelings of the unknown among their previous team members. Employees may be concerned about gaining a new leader and how their job may change once a new leader is appointed. To help mitigate these fears, a panel of Newsweek Expert Forum members shared what to do when your company has a key leader resign. Follow their recommendations to ensure a smooth transition.

Company details

Simply Success

Company bio

Leaders and organisations success is often hindered by unexpected or hidden challenges, It’s my job to help them beat these, and get done what needs to be done. Example; up to 60% of people probably aren't giving their best, impacting performance, profits, customer service, innovation, agility, risk management. Through simple steps you can potentially get up to 30% more effort from 60% of people that could potentially put 10% on bottom line for free. My interactive tailored keynotes & Masterclasses use a simple step by step system so everyone builds a personal 3 step action plan to create a wave of energy to immediately beat their challenges. For C suite these combine into a powerful focused tool via common actions and language across the organisation to get done what needs to be done. What do people say about what was achieved ? “We had a fabulous session with Chris. He really worked his magic to bring leadership to life, when you have someone come in, read the audience and understand what we need out of them to be successful it's really inspiring. Chris has done an excellent job of reading the teams and helped us develop specific actions so we can all be better leaders.” – Head of Marketing, Dematic, Global Logistics. “I've read books and listened to talks on leadership over many years but yours was the most inspirational and sensible approach Ive heard that gave absolute clarity. I thank you for your outstanding keynote.” – Commanding Officer, British Army Medical Rgt, Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.

Industry

Business

Area of focus

Entrepreneurial leadership
Change and transformation
Keynote & Masterclass speaker

Company size

Myself only

This member is no longer active.

Do you have important ideas that you want to share with the world?

Click below to learn more about our vetted network of experts and publication opportunities on Newsweek.com.
Explore Newsweek Expert ForumView Membership Qualifications
Newsweek Expert Forum is a vetted professional organization of senior executives, speakers, authors and academic leaders who are changing the world through idea sharing and education.