Chief Strategy Officertab32

Sacramento, CA

Member Since August 2022

Skills

Strategy
Marketing
Technology

About

Melissa LuVisi is an entrepreneur, advocate, and the Chief Strategy Officer at tab32, a cloud-based practice management, data warehouse, and technology platform solution for dentists. Melissa drives corporate strategy across account management, sales, marketing, and R&D. LuVisi works closely with the CEO, board of advisors, and senior leadership teams. She is highlighted in Crunchbase’s 2023 list of Influential Women in Sales and is the recipient of the 2022 Sacramento Business Journal’s Women Who Mean Business award. Her innovative strategies included the receipt of the Inc. 5000 2022 award, the Sacramento Business Journal’s runner-up in MedTech Innovation, and helped secure a 5-fold increase in revenues. She helped develop the Sustainable Life Project, a nonprofit for transitioning foster youth, and sits on the board of De Colores Art, a nonprofit serving neurodiverse artists and students. Melissa is regularly quoted as an expert in top publications, contributing to conversations in the tech, AI, Future of Work, and sustainability verticals.

Published content

Parsing Oral Health Care Advice While Pregnant

article

Like many aspects of maternal care, dental health is an area where gaps in knowledge and access can determine outcomes. 

4 Tips to Evolve Healthcare Sales for Younger Generations

article

Millennials and Gen Z have been shaped by economic and public health crises, which impacts how they engage with healthcare and healthcare sales.

How Electronic Health Records Contribute To Healthcare And Dental Worker Burnout

article

When systems aren’t user-friendly or efficient, healthcare workers waste valuable time.

How Gaps in Pediatric Dental Care Fuel Cycles of Poverty and What We Can Do About It

article

At the age of 16, my family fell apart, and my siblings and I ended up in foster care. Before my foster family eventually offered to take me in, my biological family simply didn’t have the necessary infrastructure to support regular oral health checkups or guidance on how to maintain oral hygiene.

12 Ways Leaders Can Increase Employee Productivity Without Micromanaging

expert panel

While a productive workforce is vital to a successful business, leaders must balance good management with giving employees autonomy. For many business leaders, having a hand in every aspect of their business has allowed them to ensure that each and every client is well taken care of. This method is an effective way to maintain high-quality products and services while also maximizing what each additional hire is able to contribute to the business.  However, if a leader is too heavy-handed, this management strategy can have an adverse effect internally over time, straining manager-employee relationships and negatively impacting workplace morale. A productive workforce is an essential component in building a successful business, but leaders must be careful not to become a hindrance to their employees. To help leaders adopt a management style that works with and not against employees, 12 Newsweek Expert Forum members each offer a piece of advice for increasing employee productivity without resorting to micromanaging.

15 Things Leaders Can Learn From Observing Innovative Powerhouses

expert panel

Taking notes on how the world's largest and most innovative corporations operate can help businesses of any size emulate their success.  There are certain companies you hear about nearly every day, whether they're new or have been around for decades. These powerhouse companies find a significant problem that needs to be solved and develop innovative, pleasing solutions for customers. Many startup leads aim to achieve that kind of notoriety, and there is much to be learned from observing powerhouses like Amazon, Google, Microsoft and others. Below, 15 Newsweek Expert Forum members shared some important lessons they've learned by watching the strategies of other successful businesses. 

Company details

tab32

Company bio

tab32, an Inc. 5000 company, is the industry's #1 all-in-one cloud technology platform with three major products, Open Data Warehousing™ (BI and analytics tool), Dental Practice Management System (Dental PMS), and their stand-alone Image Cloud for radiology. Headquartered in Sacramento, California, and founded in 2011, the leadership team is made up of former researchers, data scientists, and engineers coming out of the University of California system. Providers use tab32 to track 17.2M appointments, 13M patients, and over 100M radiology xrays, with over 1.8M monthly patient text messages (not including email engagements) and $1.8B annual revenues flowing through the platform. tab32 has pioneered many first-to-market innovations such as Open Data Warehousing™, integrated texting, VoIP, e-forms, mobile payments, cloud imaging, and a Standard Model for open data sharing in dental. The multi-tenant platform uses Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and is built for scale and stability. tab32 has been recognized for its growth and leadership by making the Inc. 5000 fastest growing private companies list in 2022, coming in at #1314. Learn more at tab32.com

Industry

Technology

Area of focus

Dental
Cloud Data Services
Assistive Technology

Company size

51 - 200