CEOCareswitch

New York City Area

Member Since December 2020

Skills

Entrepreneurship
Health Care Information Technology
home care

About

I’m the co-founder and CEO of Careswitch. I started Careswitch because I saw from an early age the important, yet undervalued, role caregivers play in our society. My mom was a home health aide when my family immigrated to the US and eventually grew to become a nursing director at a home care agency where I took a summer job. Prior to Careswitch, I was on the founding team of Quartet Health, a successful venture backed company, where I led product development of the mental health professional product line. I was also chosen for Peter Thiel's "20 Under 20" Fellowship which recognized young people who wanted to build new things rather than sit in a classroom.

Published content

Seven Ways to Proactively Solve Business Problems

expert panel

Instead of reacting to changes in your industry as they’re happening, take a proactive approach to prepare for problems before they arise. The business landscape is ever-changing, with consumer and market trends shifting regularly. If businesses are not prepared to act on these changes, they will be forced to simply react -- often belatedly or without sufficient consideration. To avoid this outcome, it’s wise for leaders to stay on the pulse of industry trends and take action appropriately. Below, the members of Newsweek Expert Forum share seven steps leaders can take to be more proactive about solving business problems.

Seven Strategies For Improving Your Organization's Reputation

expert panel

Reputation is everything in business. Make sure yours is solid with these strategies. One of the most important things a business can uphold is its reputation. Both customers and top talent are drawn to companies with demonstrated success and the ability to deliver on its promises. While gaining and maintaining a good reputation is often easier said than done, there are several actionable steps leaders can take to build up that positive momentum. Below, seven members of Newsweek Expert Forum share their top tips for bolstering your organization’s reputation. Follow their recommendations to improve and boost your public image.

Eight Ways to Promote a Truly Egalitarian Workplace

expert panel

Diversity is more important than ever in the business world, but equity must go hand-in-hand with these efforts. In today's social climate, companies are rightfully looking to diversify their staff. This often involves developing unbiased hiring process and opening up the floor to input from employees of all job levels and backgrounds. The result of such changes is a rich tapestry of unique perspectives that contribute to better business solutions. However, without a simultaneous focus on equity and inclusion, those diverse voices may not be properly incorporated and leveraged. Eight members of Newsweek Expert Forum offered advice to leaders who want to develop and promote more egalitarian workplaces. Follow their tips to encourage a truly diverse culture and workforce.

11 Crucial Considerations to Keep in Mind Before Making a Statement on an Issue

expert panel

Before you make a public statement, be sure to think about the potential consequences to your business -- both positive and negative. In recent years, socially-conscious consumers have become more interested in supporting companies that share their same values. This is especially true after the social and political turmoil of 2020, when deeply polarizing issues came to the forefront for many businesses and organizations. With this in mind, business leaders are more inclined to make public corporate statements about social issues. However, this could potentially lead to more controversy if this statement is poorly written or displays the wrong sentiment. To help, 11 members of Newsweek Expert Forum explained what organizations should consider before making a statement on a political, social or potentially controversial issue.

14 Ways to Go All-In on a Seemingly Overwhelming Goal

expert panel

Breaking down a goal into manageable steps can help reduce pressure and increase productivity. Perseverance is one of the most important traits for a business leader to possess. Even in hard times or when others might give up, a leader must remain committed to their organization and its vision, and take the steps necessary to achieve it. If you’re a business owner tasked with accomplishing a goal that seems overwhelming or challenging, you may struggle with finding the motivation to stick with it. To help, 14 members of Newsweek Expert Forum share their tips for committing to tough goals and seeing them through.

Home Care Industry Trends For 2021: How Technology Platforms Can Help Agencies Succeed 

article

Should you choose to partner with a technology platform, here's how to get the most out of your investment.

Company details

Careswitch

Company bio

Careswitch is creating a network where everyone in the home care community can prosper. In-home care is the critical, but underserved foundation of our health care. The industry is home to thousands of local entrepreneurs and a diverse population of essential workers who overcome low wages and inconsistent schedules to deliver care to millions. But, the industry's thin margins and high turnover rates prevent too many from achieving the economic dignity they deserve. Our mission is to redesign the business of home care to increase opportunity and improve quality of life for everyone involved. We’re assembling a digital network of home care providers, caregivers, and families that use modern tools and compliant information sharing to create a more stable, coordinated home care experience. Agencies can reduce tasks that eat into their margins and caregivers can easily work across multiple agencies to earn more wages and meet the increasing demands of in-home care. Together, we create consistency, transparency, and use our scale to unlock more economic opportunity. Today, Careswitch offers an all-in-one software platform that simplifies and automates the essential tasks of a home care business. The surprisingly simple software handles the complexities of care planning, scheduling, documentation, and full-service payroll. It also includes the only caregiver app proven to help caregivers complete care tasks and reduce errors. Founders Ilya Vakhutinsky and Mark Fayngersh incorporate their backgrounds in digital health, entrepreneurship, and design into every aspect of Careswitch. Ilya, the son of a caregiver and a recipient of Peter Thiel’s 20 Under 20 Fellowship, worked with Mark to develop the digital platform at Quartet Health before coming together with a team of designers and advisors to create Careswitch. The growing team supports thousands of daily users while working to create a more prosperous home care industry.

Industry

Technology

Area of focus

Home Care
HR
Payments

Company size

2 - 10