Regional Vice PresidentWestern Governors University

California

Member Since May 2022

Skills

Leadership
Strategy
Public Relations

About

Innovation. Passion. Altruism. This trifecta combined with a passion for technology and a commitment to serving others has been the career compass behind a track record of achievements – in university operations, government relations, and program development. In my current role as Regional VP of WGU, I oversee and direct a high-performing team committed to creating pathways to attainment and promoting affordable, high-quality education for underserved adult learners throughout the Western US region. This experience gave me a unique opportunity to enhance the school’s brand image as an innovative, creative institution that provides optimal learning environments and promotes long-term academic and career success for a wider student population. Additionally, former leadership roles with UCLA and Time Warner Cable enabled me to widen and strengthen partner relationships and connections at the local, state, national, and corporate levels, through legislature, policy and relationship cultivation. As a forward thinker and effective leader, I create a vision, a plan and the right team to develop and execute innovation-driven programs, initiatives, and strategic partnerships proven to yield long-term public and social value, drive business growth and promote positive student outcomes. Additionally, I recognize the potential of technology to disrupt traditional learning models in ways that remove barriers, enhance flexibility, and introduce efficiency. My passion for lifelong learning and improvement isn’t only an occupation, but a lifestyle. In addition to serving on numerous advisory boards in the greater Los Angeles area, I dedicate free time to aspiring and mentoring student-athletes, and coaching youth basketball and football. My words to live by: “We do well by doing good!” Contact me at (310) 208-9588 or rbenbow3@gmail.com

Published content

The Student Housing Supply Crisis In America

article

With the rising cost of tuition alongside increasing university enrollment rates, students nationwide cannot find affordable housing.

Corporate Tuition Assistance Benefit for Employees

article

A recession-proof move with win-win outcomes for all.

Advancing Your Career Through Education In An Economic Downturn

article

An economic recession is as good a time as any to revisit personal and professional goals and pursue them afresh.

Advancing Equity through Higher Education

article

Education lays the groundwork for achieving knowledge and gaining values, skills, beliefs and moral habits.

Company details

Western Governors University

Company bio

WGU, www.wgu.edu, is an online university for the 21st century. We are driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs. Since its establishment in 1997, WGU has grown into a national university, serving more than 120,000 students from all 50 states. The university continues to open doors for adult learners who need flexibility to achieve their education and career goals. WGU’s innovative competency-based academic approach makes it possible, allowing individuals to fit their education into their lives, not the other way around. WGU was founded by the governors of 19 U.S. states. WGU is also supported by over 20 major corporations and foundations who believe in WGU’s commitment to producing highly competent graduates.

Industry

Business

Area of focus

Competency-Based Education
Online University
Online Degree

Company size

5,001 - 10,000

This member is no longer active.

Do you have important ideas that you want to share with the world?

Click below to learn more about our vetted network of experts and publication opportunities on Newsweek.com.
Explore Newsweek Expert ForumView Membership Qualifications
Newsweek Expert Forum is a vetted professional organization of senior executives, speakers, authors and academic leaders who are changing the world through idea sharing and education.