Head of RemoteGitLab

Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area

Member Since April 2022

Skills

Blogging
Social Media
Jouornalism

About

Named an “oracle of remote work” by CNBC, I serve as GitLab’s Head of Remote. A visionary in organizational design, I lead at the intersection of people, culture, operations, inclusivity, marketing, employer branding, and communication. I've spent my career shaping remote teams and charting remote transformations. I advise and invest in global startups and serve as a remote work transformation consultant. I serve multifaceted teams across people, operations, and marketing functions. GitLab is the world’s largest all-remote company, with over 1,500 team members in 67+ countries with no company-owned offices. I hold a Guinness World Record as the planet's most prolific professional blogger. With over 10 million published words across all mediums, I leverage my expertise in editorial strategy, content marketing, and publishing to create sharp, impactful messaging for brands and platforms. I believe in the power of informing and entertaining. I'm a people leader, culture champion, storyteller, and mentor. I am a content and communications-focused executive who speaks design, business and analytics. My focus has been, and always will be, the team. I hope to leave a legacy of change, empowering more people and companies to work remotely in locales that fulfill their soul. As an adoptive dad, I advocate for others to be able to work from anywhere and savor moments with family. I've consulted with research firms and consumer electronics companies (McKinsey and Company as well as Citi), and have hosted instructional courses on blogging and remote work for CreativeLive. As SVP of Editorial Strategy at Weber Shandwick and Director, Global Communications at Dolby, I worked to build workflows and strategies that resonate in the world of brand publishing and communications. I'm a published author, penning 'Living The Remote Dream,’ GitLab’s Remote Playbook, as well as ‘iPad Secrets’ and ‘iPhone Secrets’ through John Wiley & Sons, Inc. My work and interviews are featured in Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, WIRED, TechCrunch, The Telegraph, Crunchbase, CNBC, Cheddar, Business Insider, Forbes, CNN, Engadget, The Points Guy, Gear Patrol, Entrepreneur, Popular Science, Oprah.com, Gadling, Thrillist, and Quartz. I have appeared on ABC, PBS, CTV, France’s TF1 and NBC television and radio programs. I have a B.S. in Supply Chain Management from North Carolina State University, as well as an MBA from Campbell University.

Published content

Half-Hearted Hybrid Isn’t the Remote Work You Deserve

article

Making the transition from in-office work to an all-remote organization is a big undertaking.

Company details

GitLab

Company bio

GitLab is a complete DevOps platform, delivered as a single application, fundamentally changing the way Development, Security, and Ops teams collaborate and build software. From idea to production, GitLab helps teams improve cycle time from weeks to minutes, reduce development costs and time to market while increasing developer productivity. We're the world's largest all-remote company with team members located in more than 65 countries. As part of the GitLab team, you can work from anywhere with good internet. You'll have the freedom to contribute when and where you do your best work. Interested in opportunities at GitLab? Join our talent community and share your information with our recruiting team: https://about.gitlab.com/jobs/

Industry

Technology

Area of focus

DevOps Platform
Automated Software Delivery
Continuous Software Security

Company size

1,001 - 5,000

This member is no longer active.

Do you have important ideas that you want to share with the world?

Click below to learn more about our vetted network of experts and publication opportunities on Newsweek.com.
Explore Newsweek Expert ForumView Membership Qualifications
Newsweek Expert Forum is a vetted professional organization of senior executives, speakers, authors and academic leaders who are changing the world through idea sharing and education.