Chief Marketing OfficerDedrone

Salt Lake City, UT

Member Since September 2022

Skills

Marketing
Marketing Communications
Security

About

I am the Chief Marketing Officer at Dedrone, where I'm on the front line driving business strategy, marketing, and communications. Prior to Dedrone, I served as CMO at financial tech company 9th Gear Technologies as well as at crisis communication systems leader AtHoc, growing the brand and supporting their acquisition by security software and services provider BlackBerry in 2015. During my twenty-year career in enterprise software, I have served as Senior Vice President of Global Applications and Services Marketing for Oracle Corporation and have advised on strategic transformation initiatives at Booz & Co. Early in my career, I was an engineer on multiple oil rigs for ExxonMobil and Shell Oil.

Published content

What Can Law Enforcement Expect from Drones in 2024?

article

Law enforcement will need to be ready in order to keep citizens safe this year. Here are three key trends to watch as we work our way through the first quarter. 

The Drone Economy Is Here, but How Do We Make It Safe?

article

The drone economy has officially arrived. What matters now is allowing drones to reach their full potential by ensuring they are safely integrated into society.

13 Questions to Ask When Developing a New Business Product or Service

expert panel

Focusing on how a potential offering makes sense for the business as a whole can help guide efficient product development. Before any new product or service is rolled out on the market, entrepreneurs put a considerable amount of thought into the process. From considerations regarding the effective use of resources to discussions of whether the offering will resonate with the target audience, these are just a few of the factors that impact decision making. While entrepreneurs strive to proceed with care, some still make the fatal mistake of getting too far into the development process without having a clear understanding of where this offering fits into the bigger picture. To prevent businesses from wasting limited time, effort and money, 13 Newsweek Expert Forum members each share one question leaders should ask to determine whether a prospective product or service is in line with their company mission and goals. 

Confronting Drone Threats: Why New Technology Requires Action

article

If the FBI thinks drones are a threat, why doesn't congress?

How Entrepreneurs Can Keep Up With Industry Trends

expert panel

No matter what industry an entrepreneur operates in, developing ways of keeping up with emerging trends will help ensure they remain in business for the long term. Staying knowledgeable about what’s happening in the business world isn’t as simple as it used to be. Whether an entrepreneur is operating in a local, national or international market, they have to be committed to learning, evolving and adopting new ways of doing business or else they risk being left behind. With digital platforms and technologies being created and improved upon daily, it’s essential to devise ways of keeping up with what’s going on in and outside of your industry. To help entrepreneurs keep up in a changing market, 12 Newsweek Expert Forum members share strategies they use to stay informed about industry trends.

12 Strategies for Keeping Your Team Curious and Innovative

expert panel

Creating a culture that actively encourages employees to generate and share ideas is a great way to keep your company competitive in the market. Once an employee has been in an organization for enough time, the fresh perspective they brought with them may start to dwindle. Learning more about the organization and the clients it serves as well as becoming entrenched in already established systems can make it difficult to branch out, especially if leadership isn’t open to making real changes that impact the business in significant ways. Contrary to popular belief, the best ideas don’t necessarily always have to come from the top, and devising ways to keep employees part of the conversations happening within an organization can only lead to business wins. To help leaders create a workplace culture that fosters innovation, 12 Newsweek Expert Forum members share methods they've adopted for keeping their teams curious and innovative.

Company details

Dedrone

Company bio

Dedrone is the market and technology leader in airspace security. The Dedrone counter-drone platform combines hardware sensors and machine-learning software, providing early warning, classification of, and mitigation against all drone threats. Based in San Francisco, Dedrone was founded in 2014 and is backed by investors including Felicis Ventures, Menlo Ventures, and John Chambers, Chairman Emeritus of Cisco Systems and founder of JC2 Ventures. In October 2019, Dedrone introduced Dedrone Defense, our consultancy which provides the essential tools for all U.S. federal agencies and armed forces to assess, protect and defend against unauthorized sUAS. Dedrone Defense is the sole provider and manufacturer of DroneDefender, a non-kinetic, radiofrequency sUAS countermeasure, which safeguards airspace without risking collateral damage. DroneDefender quickly disrupts the adversary's control of the sUAS, neutralizing it so that no remote action, including detonation, can occur, minimizing sUAS damage and risk to public safety.

Industry

Technology

Area of focus

Security
Aerospace
Drones

Company size

51 - 200